The Capriolo Report was released November 25, 2020. With the support of a Committee, co-chaired by the Honourable Pepita G. Capriolo and Archbishop Christian Lépine, the Archdiocese is now implementing the recommendations contained in the Report. The end result will be an abuse-complaint process that is victim-centred, includes all forms of abuse, and no longer considers the victim’s age at the time of the reported event a criterion for filing a complaint.
The existence of an Ombudsman, the creation of a five-member lay Advisory Committee, and the conducting of investigations by external experts will ensure that each complaint is treated with due diligence and respect.
Documents to download
- Files first report - Ombudsman of the Archdiocese of Montreal
- Ombudsman presentation
- Constitutive By-Law Of Ombudsman And Advisory Committee
- Complaint handling process
- Complaint handling process summary
- Disclosure protocol
- Complainant Support Policy
- Protocol Concerning the subject of a complaint (Pastoral Staff)
- Status of Capriolo Report recommendations that are being implemented
- Advisory Committee to the Archbishop of Montreal
- Video testimonial - Tell your story